Welcome to the Borough of North Plainfield. Thank you for visiting North Plainfield's website. We hope you will find it useful and easy to navigate. Please visit often to learn about all the news, activities, and services North Plainfield has to offer.
During flooding or inclement weather, or when emergency sirens sound - listen to North Plainfield Radio: 1630AM
Emergency Notification Program Overview
Go Paperless, Go Green, with Your Sewer Bill!
The Borough of North Plainfield is offering a voluntary automated paperless sewer billing program which will allow you to receive your sewer bill via e-mail. The program is only applicable to SEWER bills and bears NO COST to the homeowner. For any homeowner wishing to enroll, Please print out this form, complete the information and forward to the Sewer/ Tax Collector's Office. If you chose NOT to enroll in the automated billing, you will still receive a paper bill from the Borough in March 2017. If you have any questions please call 908-769-2908. We also would like to remind you at this time that you can pay, or determine balances owed on, your sewer and tax bills on-line through our Payment Portal.
Property Tax and Sewer Account Payments/Inquiries
The Borough of North Plainfield is proud to announce that property tax and sewer account information and on-line payments are now possible through this website. Click on the link below for access to current property tax and sewer charges, and delinquent property tax and sewer balances (including current interest and lien status of a property). Assessment and ownership information is also available. Web Info Payment Portal
Somerset County Clerk's Office Will Offer Saturday Hours for Passports
New Jersey American Water investing more than $617,000 for Rock Avenue Project
Rental Assistance Available to Somerset County Residents
New Jersey American Water investing $660,000 for Norwood Avenue Project
New Jersey American Water investing more than $1.1 Million for Greenbrook Road and West End Project
New Jersey American Water investing $160,000 for Parkview Avenue Project
Winter Storm Local Update
This is Mayor Michael Giordano with a message for North Plainfield Residents concerning the upcoming winter storm. The latest National Weather Service forecast is predicting 18-24 inches of snow and winds up to 40 MPH. This will be a dangerous and crippling snowstorm. Your cooperation is essential to ensure safety for yourself, your family and our emergency service providers. Today is the time to prepare for the storm:
The Borough is making emergency preparations as follows:
- Make sure you have enough food, clothing and shelter.
- Address the needs of elderly, disabled, and underage family members, neighbors and friends.
- Fill up your car's gas tank
- Secure an off street location to park your car.
- Charge your cell phones.
- Make note of emergency telephone numbers.
- Borough Hall will be closed on Tuesday and have a 10:00 AM opening on Wednesday (this is subject to change based on conditions)
- All parked vehicles are to be off the streets by midnight tonight and remain off the streets until the after the storm ends and the streets are plowed.
- Street Cleaning regulations are being suspended through Friday.
- All Borough activities and programs are cancelled Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Do not shovel snow into the streets.
- Dig out fire hydrants.
- Report downed wires to the North Plainfield Police Department - 908-769-297, or to PSE&G - 1-800-436-PSEG (7734).
- For Emergencies call 9-1-1.
- All non-emergency vehicles are to remain off the roads through the duration of the storm.
- Remove all snow and ice from your vehicle when able to drive.
A Woman's Story: A Celebration of Culture
Borough of North Plainfield Mental Health Stigma-Free Zone Launch Event
North Plainfield Borough Google Group
Join the North Plainfield Borough Google Group to receive meeting agendas
Enter your email address below and press Subscribe to receive North Plainfield Borough meeting agendas.
Applying for a Marriage License or Civil Union License
Requirements for Applying for a Marriage License or Civil Union License.
Garage Sale Ordinance
Per Ordinance No. 10-03 - a new Garage Sale Ordinance has come into force, effective today (March 29, 2010). The application fee is now $10.00 instead of $5.00. Permits are now two days in duration instead of three days, and applicants are now allowed to take out three permits/year instead of two. Click here for new Garage Sale application formView Ordinance
Federal DOT Battery Regulation
Due to a new Federal DOT regulation, starting Jan. 1, 2010 Somerset County Recycling will no longer pickup household batteries curbside. Homeowners Guide to Proper Household Battery Management Battery Clarification Letter Types Of Batteries to Recycle