The North Plainfield Fire Department...  Then and Now...

Click on any image to see a larger version.... (they're much clearer and more detailed than the little ones!)



In the very beginning... pre-1904... there was the West End Hose Co. No. 2.  In this picture, Herman Klinsman Sr., 62 Harrison Avenue, North Plainfield, is driving the two-wheel single hose cart known as "the jumper".  When the volunteer department was abolished, Mr. Klinsman purchased the firehouse from the borough and converted it into a dwelling.



1904... the first North Plainfield Fire Department Headquarters


                            and paid firefighters... 



1915 Maxim Pumper equipment




1979... the North Plainfield Fire Department Headquarters  


and paid firefighters...



2000... the North Plainfield Fire Department Headquarters 


and the newest equipment... the 2003 Smeal Quint...





North Plainfield Municipal Building
263 Somerset Street
North Plainfield, NJ  07060
8am-4:30pm Mon-Fri (excluding holidays)

This site is the work of the Borough Administration.

Last updated: 13-Sep-2004

Copyright 2003, 2004 North Plainfield Borough