The Somerset County Department of Human Services will host a number of free Mental Health Month presentations at local libraries in May.
The department also will have information tables with literature and brochures throughout the month of May at the Somerset County/Bridgewater Library, 1 Vogt Drive, Bridgewater; at the Hillsborough Library, 379 South Branch Road, Hillsborough; and the Bound Brook Memorial Library, 402 E. High St., Bound Brook.
The presentation topics, dates, times and presenters are as follows. Attendance is free of charge but registration is requested. Register with the appropriate library at the telephone numbers provided below.
BRIDGEWATER LIBRARY (908-526-4016)
- Thursday, May 2, 9 to 10:30 a.m. – “Trauma or Recognizing Symptoms of Depression,” Aurora Clark, Community Hope.
- Thursday, May 2, 10:30 a.m. to noon – “Housing Options for Veterans,” Erin Barrett, Community Hope.
- Tuesday, May 21, 9 to 10:30 a.m. – “Wellness Recovery Action Plan,” Ron Klein, B.A., Richard Hall Community Mental Health Center.
- Tuesday, May 21, 10:30 a.m. to noon – “Navigating the Spectrum,” Coleen Vanderbeek, Psy.D., Richard Hall Community Mental Health Center.
HILLSBOROUGH LIBRARY (908-369-2200)
- Wednesday, May 8, 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. – “Wellness Recovery Action Plan,” Mary Welsh, LCSW, and Janice Guiro, Peer Advocate, Catholic Charities.
- Wednesday, May 15, noon to 1:30 p.m. – “Helping a Loved One with Mental Health Issues,” Robyn Marks, Certified Prevention Specialist, Princeton House.
BOUND BROOK LIBRARY (732-356-0043)
- Monday, May 13, 7 to 8:30 p.m. – “Youth with Mental Health Conditions, Anxiety & Depression,” Eric Harris, Executive Director, Family and Community Services of Somerset County.
- Tuesday, May 21, 7 to 8:30 p.m. – “Children’s Response to Domestic Violence and Trauma” (Spanish), Virginia Tenias De Lopez, MSW, LCSW, Resource Center of Somerset.
- Thursday, May 30, 7 to 8:30 p.m. – “Healing from the Trauma of Domestic Violence” (English), Mizuki Ogawa-Peterson, MSW, LCSW, DRCC, Clinical Director, Resource Center of Somerset.