- PSE&G Emergency Hurricane Hotline 1 (800) 436-7734 - Many tree limbs and wires are down. If you encounter a downed wire, treat it as if it is live and avoid it. If you have wires down in your area please call the PSE&G number provided. Wires may pose additional hazards as they are reenergized!
-Be extremely cautious when venturing outside as there is continued risk of falling limbs and wires.
- PSE&G crews are working in the borough, assessing damage, and making steady progress to restore power. Mayor Giordano is in frequent contact with them and has relayed concerns specific to North Plainfield.
- Be sure all generators are kept outside of the home to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning. Check to be sure carbon monoxide and smoke detectors are working properly. Be careful when handling gasoline. We advise you not to burn candles indoors!
- To report a downed borough tree, call (908) 769-2914. We have been advised by PSE&G not to remove any trees entangled with wires. PSE&G crews will address those circumstances.
- Place all brush & debris on the edge of your property - do not block roadways with leaves & brush!
- Please limit driving to essential duties!
- Report any suspicious activities to the Police Department at (908) 769-2937. The Police Dispatch window located at Borough Hall is open 24 hours a day. Please continue to call 9-1-1 for emergencies.
- Borough Hall remains open daily from 8:00AM to 4:30PM with limited services available. At this time, we have infrequent internet and email service. Additionally, we have infrequent access to update the borough's website. If you have any questions or concerns please call one of the numbers listed below.
- For information on next Tuesday's General Election call the Clerk's office.
Borough Phone Numbers:
Mayor's Office: (908) 769-2902
Dept Public Works: (908) 769-2914
Clerk's Office: (908) 769-2904
Non-Emergency Police: (908) 769-2937
Non-Emergency Fire: (908) 769-2935