Hunger Never Takes A Vacation
Donate to Next ‘BOBO Friday’ - April 20
The next “Buy One, Bring One” (BOBO) collection of food and personal-care items for Somerset County families in need will be held Friday, April 20.
“Springtime means the start of vacation planning for many people,” said Freeholder Director Patricia Walsh, who launched the program almost two years ago. “However hunger never takes a vacation – the need at local food banks is just as great this time of year as it is at the holidays.”
Look for the blue BOBO Fridays bins at these public locations:
· Somerset County Administration Building, 20 Grove St. , Somerville
· Somerset County/Bridgewater Library, North Bridge Street & Vogt Drive , Bridgewater
· Park Commission Headquarters, 355 Milltown Road , Bridgewater
· Environmental Education Center , 190 Lord Stirling Road , Basking Ridge
· Lord Stirling Stable, 256 S. Maple Ave. , Basking Ridge
Also, the following towns now are hosting BOBO Fridays bins in their municipal buildings: Bedminster, Franklin , Green Brook, North Plainfield and Raritan .
Canned or boxed food items are accepted. Personal-care items, including bath soap, deodorant, toothpaste, shampoo and toilet paper, also are collected since these items are not covered by food stamps.
Although the targeted collection schedule is the third Friday of every month, the bins are available every day, so donations may be dropped off at any time during regular business hours at all locations. The program has collected over 5 tons of donations since its inception in July 2010.